Sunday 8 July 2012

Friday Fried Rice

My mum always told me to have a good meal before I go out. Since The Boy had text me at lunch time to say he'd bought a bottle of vodka and whiskey I though I'd better pay heed to mummy's wise words. I had some left over rice and vegetables in the fridge so I decided on fried rice. The beef was a bargain. In this recipe I used fillet; it's tail end and so was really reasonable.

What you need


250 g fillet steak
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
100g rice noodles
splash soy sauce
splash rice wine
splash fish sauce
2 large garlic clove, finely chopped
2cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
vegetables of your choice
400 g cooked rice
2 eggs
soy sauce to serve

What you need to do


Slice the meat and mix with the 5 spice and cornflour.

Heat up some oil in  wok until smoking. Then throw in the beef and cook for roughly 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon.

Then add the garlic, ginger and chilli to the wok, cook until the garlic just starts to turn golden and then add the vegetables. Stir fry for 1 minute then push the contents of the pan over to one slide and add the eggs. Scramble them until firm and then stir through the vegetables. Add the rice, rice wine, fish sauce, soy and a splash of water. Mix everything together and fry off the rice for a couple of minutes. Finely stir through the beef and serve with some sliced spring onion and soy sauce.

Friday fried goodness


No comments:

Post a Comment