Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ottomans


The first time my friend Stacey came to visit me in Brighton I took her to Ottomans. The night entailed eating (a lot), drinking ( a lot) and dancing around the restaurant with all the other diners and the owner, Yousef. It was bloody brilliant.


You start with bread....


Ottomans is on Lewes Road. Now anyone who lives in Brighton knows this is not the most glamorous of locations but please do not be put off. The food really is lovely. I am a creature of habit at Ottomans and always order the lamb beyati (spelling!?). It is HUGE and very tasty. It comes with a simple salad and 'Ottomans' rice. The lamb is incredible and is bursting with flavour. You're also, as by Turkish tradition, served fantastic bread with a naughty spiced butter. Continuing with tradition is the obligatory shot at the end of the meal.
The best thing about this place (apart from the food) is the atmosphere which is why I urge you to a) try and speak to Yousef, the owner, at some point and b) Go on a Friday or Saturday night. You won't be disappointed. 

Beautiful lamb

2 comments:

  1. Living in the United States, I don't think I will have the opportunity to visit. I did however enjoy reading about your lovely evening and the delicious food you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond my kitchen you make my day! This is what blogging is all about, getting the comments! Cant tell you how much I appreciate it! Lots of love from an English Kitchen to an amazing USA one xxx

    ReplyDelete